Sunday, September 12, 2010

Powerful Win for Avon Lake Football


I notice that the Avon Lake football team won by a score of 50 - 0 over St. Jean De Brebeuf, a Catholic high school team from Canada. The A.L. team is 2-1 for the season.

Many of the Catholic high schools in Ohio have massive football programs and recruit at the middle school level. It appears the same is true, at least in spirit, for Catholic Canadian high school teams. From Toronto to Avon Lake is about a 300 mile trip, a long way for St. Jean De Brebeuf to travel for a Fri. night football game.

The game appears to have been a demonstration of power for A.L. in the defeat of a non conference team.

I am not clear how a Canadian team became part of the Avon Lake schedule but the results are impressive.

From the box-score I see that a person by the name of Toy made at least three touchdown catches of more than 27 yards each. I am sure college scouts are taking a close look at him.

I think I may know the Toy family. Of course if things are as they were, everyone knows everyone else in Avon Lake. It is a city of deep social networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment