Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My iPad (Part II)


In a previous post, I wrote about by initial experience with the iPad (see the following link):


In general, I like my iPad very much. This post continues with a few more comments. I intend to write a complete summary within a week that consolidates all of my impressions.

The only issue I have had to date with the iPad is Safari. It does not work with Flash. I can not use all of the tools available at Google's Blogspot.com or Google Analytics. Further, I can not send articles from the Digital Edition of the WSJ or other leading publications to an email address using the browser.

As I understand, when web pages are converted to HTML 5.0, many of these problems should be solved. I have no way to predict when this transition will take place.

I am somewhat disappointed that I can only use my iPad for seeing web pages. For other things, I need to use my iMac or Mac Book Pro. In this regard, the iPad and Safari are not a universal web browsing device.

No comments:

Post a Comment