Sunday, September 5, 2010

My iPad


I have purchased an iPad for work. During the next few days, I will publish my thoughts about the iPad.

My first impression is that it is extremely easy to use. It is a solid machine, just like my iMac and MacBook Pro. The first book that I have downloaded is "The Machine that Changed the World" by James P. Womack, Daniel T. Jones and Daniel Roos.

I very much want to do some electronic books. This is the the trend of the future (see the following post from Jan.)


On the downside, the iPad does not have a USB drive and the version of Safari does not seem to work for some Internet functions. The iPad is more of a viewing system than something for computation.

I had no problem setting up email (Microsoft Exchange) and my MIT certificates downloaded fine.

The touch screen is very good. I think this format will eventually surpass traditional laptops and the computer mouse.

I never thought I would see a realistic challenge to the mouse. However, tablet computing will predominate in several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment