Saturday, February 26, 2011

Social Networking in China


I was told by some of by friends that LinkedIn was blocked in China during the past week. I am so sorry to hear this news.

Social networking is a powerful way to communicate and the learn. It has many benefits. I participate in Facebook and to a lesser extent in LinkedIn. I have Twitter and Myspace accounts but do not use them as much. This blog, ingehygd.blogspot.com, is a great help to me in organizing my thoughts.

I think shutting down social networking in China will have negative economic effects for the country. The existing Chinese-originated social networks in China are extremely popular and have huge membership. However, I do not think much if anything is communicated beyond basic information relating to family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment