Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Oil Price Increase and Regional Agricultural Systems


The developments in the Middle East are causing oil prices to increase. However, even before the Egyptian crisis economic forces were causing petroleum prices to gradually strengthen.

Given the upward pressures on oil prices, I think it is more important than ever to conduct research in the area of regional agricultural systems. While it is true that the need for such systems might be several years into the future, I think it is best to begin planning now.

This is the reason for my interest in Eden's Bowl, Inc. Developing systems to improve market efficiency is a very good thing to do even if there was no upward pressure on oil prices.

For those interested, below are some of my posts on the topic:














The Organic Foods Supply Chain

I hope to do two papers on this topic within the next month. It is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment