Saturday, March 12, 2011

Recent Live Account from Japan


There continue to be conflicting reports from Japan on several topics. Friends are telling me that there was no explosion at a nuclear power plant yet the NYT reports the event and video seems to confirm a significant explosion. Further, the NYT reports that it is now the case that people within 12 miles of the plant are being evacuated. Iodine tablets are being distributed.

The conflicting reports are perhaps an indication of the extent of disruption and confusion.

This note that I have received from a close friend just a few hours ago communicates the critical nature of the disaster. I have received several similar reports:

"I returned my home today (Sat.). I and my wife are OK. It was a terrible disaster. When the earthquake occurred, I was in my office and the power supply was cut off. Due to interruption of the trains service, I could not return to my home yesterday (Fri.). Aftershocks still occurs sometimes. Be careful guys!"

I would like to pass along my hope and prayers that everyone is safe in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment