Friday, December 3, 2010

My MIT Outside Activities


In addition to my work at MIT Auto-ID Lab, the MIT Field Intelligence Lab, and other Institute wide MIT Initiatives, I am also permitted a limited amount of time to participate in outside activities. The goal of these efforts is to accelerate the transfer of technology into practice for the purpose of creating new businesses and jobs.

My first priority is MIT, including my commitments to professors, research, administrative offices and other labs, students, post docs, and visitors.

For the following two small companies, I serve as Scientific Advisor:

Aggeos, Inc. - applying a novel design of experiments approach to agriculture using the M Language licensed from MIT.

Eden's Bowl, Inc. - applying advanced technology in marketing science and supply chain management to encourage the development of regional food systems, especially for the East and West coast metropolitan areas.

I am also writing a proposal for the application of the M Language to the automotive industry in Europe.

I think it is extremely important to disclose outside activities so there is transparency. In the areas above I feel there is no conflict of interest with my MIT research and duties.

For the future, I will publish a separate web site that will list some general information about my outside activities without disclosing any trade secrets.

I plan to redirect the URL www.ed-w.info to this new web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment