Friday, January 21, 2011

Update - EB Project


For various reasons, it appears that the USDA SCRI proposal that I have put together along with Eden's Bowl, Inc. will not be filed by the Jan. 31 deadline. This is extremely disappointing as I believe that the USDA would welcome the proposal and I very much believe in the general idea.

The concepts associated with Eden's Bowl have a relatively high chance for practical application to the advantage of both growers and buyers. I very much believe that the approach, along with my ideas and modifications, could have made a difference.

I believe in the power of free markets to allocate resources, and the ability of technology to enhance market efficiency. Now was the time to put these ideas into practice through Eden's Bowl, both in the US and in China, as a means of combating food price inflation.

The barriers to filing the SCRI proposal with the USDA were relatively minor and could have been easily overcome given the proper cooperation, communication, and commitment.

I have more than 150 hours of time into the project.

I will post more updates soon about future research in this area as I try to re-group.

No comments:

Post a Comment