Sunday, August 29, 2010

Avon Lake Football - Big Loss to the Avon Eagles

In reading Facebook this morning, I see that my hometown football team lost big to a rival.

The Avon Lake Shoremen lost to the Avon Eagles by a score of 21-3. According to the following article in the Chronicle Telegram, Avon Lake gained only 26 second half yards on 20 plays!!!

This was the first game in the new Avon Lake stadium, which was expanded during the off season and now features the best artificial turf in the State according to the coach.

The Avon quarterback was 11 of 18 for 190 yards ... college or pro numbers!

During the past 20 years, the City of Avon has surpassed Avon Lake in many ways including the establishment of a major retailing center at the I-90 interchange. Now the Avon football team is better!

I notice that one player for Avon by the name of Chris Zeh made a big defensive play. He is perhaps distant relation on my Mom's side of the family. My great Aunt was married to a man by the name of Zeh and they lived in Avon. I recall my Mom saying that as a young girl she remembers the entire family going to visit the Zeh's on Sunday's in the Winter. My Grandfather would talk with his older sister and all the children remained silent and listened to the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment