Sunday, February 27, 2011

Unusual Laws in Ohio


1. Yesterday, I went to get a haircut just down the street and the shop had a sign on the door something like, "no weapons allowed on the premises." I was shocked to see such a notice in Avon Lake.

Folks tell me that Ohio has a law that allows carrying a concealed weapon (I assume after a license has been granted), however, if a place of business posts notice no one can enter with a concealed weapon on their person. This is part of the law.

2. I had a minor prescription from NH that needed to be filled. I went to a store close by and the pharmacist informed me that he could fill the prescription via transferring it from NH. However, the NH pharmacy would not be able to transfer the prescription back because of a new Ohio state law.

Evidently, a prescription can only be transferred between pharmacies one time after writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment